Session 29

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.
Garrion says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Deenia Paydar has connected.
Deenia Paydar says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Tabris has connected.
Tabris says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Sachi has connected.
Garrion: hello everyone
Sachi says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Tabris: Yo
Sachi: Hi guys!
Tabris: T is on his way
Taragnor has connected.
Deenia Paydar whispers: I can only play for 1:30 hrs tops as I have to pick my wife up at the train station
Garrion: just need taragnor and cedric now
Garrion: ok, np
Tabris: Just need Cedric now, lol
Garrion: well lets start out with your attendance cards….
Garrion: 82
Taragnor says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Garrion: 23
Garrion: 19
Sachi: I wish the picture for my portrait was bigger, it’s so pretty :o~
Garrion: 7
Cedric has connected.
Garrion: 45
Tabris: Hehe
Taragnor: I’m pretty sure you can icnrease portrait size on your local machine if you wanted heh.
Taragnor: It’s one of the MT settings
Cedric says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Sachi: Ahh
Deenia Paydar: (( Edit—→Prefernces—→Portrait size ))
Garrion: ok, for those of you with more than 3 cars, delete the ones you don’t want
Garrion: cards
Sachi: Just the white ones you mean or the card ones?
Tabris: The white ones I think
Taragnor: oh heh… I actually got a lot of the white ones now.
Garrion: the swashbuckling
Garrion: you get up to 5 plot twists
Cedric: (( just got dinner going so will be in and out for a bit))
Garrion: i have your hero points recorded in the GM notes section of your mini, that the best place i can think of off-site to keep track
Taragnor: ok got mine down to 3
Deenia Paydar: (( You should keep a back-up to that in case the token is deleted. ))
Garrion: i have it recorded on site.. just wanted a place in game to have it too
Deenia Paydar: (( IIRC OP has a DM note area on the characters sheets ))
Sachi: I don’t seem to be able to delete them, unless I accidentally deleted something else
Garrion: it is your Hero’s Guyild Prestige score.. that is your current and total earned Hero Points
Taragnor: it let me delete mine
Garrion: which one yu wanting to toss?
Garrion: while we handling this, now is the time to do any trades if you want.
Sachi: The bluff/diplomacy check one
Taragnor: I like this use of my greed card “You loot a body rather than aid an ally”
Deenia Paydar: (( She may not have ownership of it. I don’t to two of mine ))
Taragnor: Last I checiked, I didn’t really need a card for that :P
Garrion: yeah she didn’t on that one
Cedric: what going on?
Tabris: I kinda want to trade in my two old plot cards but I know the moment I do that one of them will become useful
Tabris: So I’ll hold onto them for now
Taragnor: lol
Taragnor: what two do you got Tab?
Garrion: ok
Tabris: One grants +10 on a single Perception check and the other grants -6 on Perception for 3 rounds
Garrion: just delete the white swashbuckling card you don;t want so that you only have three cedric
Tabris: And then I have the one that generates a random encounter on somebody
Taragnor: lol.
Vincent: done
Garrion: ok, so when we left off it was late afternoon/evening and you had just defeated the dangers on the ship and found out its fate
Vincent: no schwatz for me
Tabris: Yeah didn’t the journal say something about the captain taking the pod somewhere nearby or something?
Tabris: Also Sachi and I need to fix our Con somehow
Garrion: yep, let me bring that up to refresh
Sachi: Ooo yeah, I took that con drain
Taragnor: That was con drain wasn’t it?
Taragnor: If it’s drain, you’re kinda hosed.
Tabris: Fuck me
Garrion: yep
Taragnor: Need a 4th level spell to fix that.
Tabris: Dude, that is bullshit
Garrion: let me double check
Sachi: Yeah I didn’t expect to get it fixed anytime soon
Taragnor: Just be thankful it wasn’t energy drain :P
Tabris: Yeah if I need 4th level spells to fix this then I vote we fast forward to the rescue, lol
Garrion: This hazardous fungus can be found in dark, wet areas, and often grows in great abundance at the heart of a vegepygmy lair. When a creature approaches within 5 feet of a patch of russet mold, the fungus releases a cloud of spores in a 5-foot radius burst. Everyone in the area must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or the spores quickly take root in their victims, inflicting 2 points of Constitution damage per round. A new Fortitude save can be attempted each round to halt the growth. Although immunity to disease won’t protect against russet mold spores, the growth can be halted by remove disease and similar effects. Exposure to sunlight also halts the spores’ growth. Plants are immune to russet mold spores.
Garrion: it just con damage
Vincent: we do have one scroll I believe
Tabris: Okay yeah
Tabris: It says damage
Tabris: Not drain
Tabris: That’s fixable
Taragnor: yeah that’s not bad.
Vincent: oh, that better.. give me some time and I can fix that
Sachi: Man I swear someone mentioned taking drain last time
Tabris: Vincent can just cast some Lesser Restores
Sachi: That’s good though
Taragnor: yeah they did say it was drain.
Taragnor: But appaently that was a typo
Tabris: Yeah G said it was drain last time
Tabris: The entry says it’s only damage though
Garrion: i was mistaken
Sachi: lol shit I was missing like 8 hp
Tabris: lol
Garrion: it was ongoing though till saved
Tabris: Yeah you took a bunch of it Sachi
Vincent: really only undead or really powerful stuff does drain
Tabris: I only lost 2 points but I think you lost like 4-5
Sachi: Yeah, I lost 4
Vincent: I got 1 spell now that I can use, else have to rest for more
Tabris: Go ahead and use it on Satomi
Tabris: I can survive for now
Garrion: ok, so your options are to stay here and rest up or get off the boat and camp someplace else, but it is near dark
Vincent casts Lessor REstoration on Satomi. healing: 3
Vincent: not bad
Tabris: Well this boat may be the best place to camp in the area
Taragnor: The fungus filled boat?
Taragnor: Yeah we probably don’t want to camp there
Taragnor: at least we can stay on our raft or something
Tabris: Heh, and get swallowed by a megalodon
Taragnor: Didn’t sleeping near that fungus end up causing them to turn into plant people?
Satomi: Satomi APPLYING: Constitution Damage
Tabris: We could try to make for the nearest non-fungus piece of island
Satomi leans over the boat rail and hacks up a lungful of dead spores.
Vincent: does this boat have any dingy’s ? maybe one in better repair can get us back quicker
Satomi: “Hgak!”
Garrion: hmm, lets see…. 63
Satomi: “Haahhhh… Thank you…”
Vincent: (( adjust her damage, G ))
Taragnor: I don’t need to outrun the shark, I just need to outrun you.
Tabris: lol you ain’t outrunning me if we’re in the same boat
Garrion: nope, they all been launched long ago
Taragnor: Well if we’re on a boat, it’s not gonna be attacking us.
Tabris: Let’s just head for the bit of island directly south of us
Taragnor: It’s onyl an issue if it capsizes the boat.
Tabris: That doesn’t look like it’s too far away
Garrion: i fixed it, she just 1 down now
Tabris: And it’s hopefully fungus free
Tabris: We can make camp there and then come back in the morning
Garrion: your know nature checks in the past revealed that this fungus is not harmful unless eaten
Taragnor: yeah lets set course for naywhere that isn’t here. heh.
Satomi: Yeah wasn’t it just that one thing that turns you into fungus? That the guy allegedly took onto the island with him?
Tabris: I think the russet mold does too, but you have to ingest it
Garrion: it is the main pod that burst open that infected everyone… and the boss was the hardest hit so he retained some of its infectios ability
Satomi: Yeah the russet mold came from the boss guy I think
Tabris: Yeah
Satomi: When he hit us
Tabris: The generic mold that’s in the rest of the ship is relatively inert then
Tabris: So we could just camp in the ship
Garrion: correct
Vincent: ok, still set up watches and stuff though
Garrion: easier that rowing in the dark
Satomi: “We should set up a watch in case mushroom people come back.”
Taragnor: heh, well up to you guys, I figure IC I’d probably want to get as far from the death spores as possible
Tabris: “Just barricade one of the cabins upstairs, should be fine…”
Taragnor: Fortauntely Lynis has 12 wisdom. if he had under 9, I would totally try eating some of the mushrooms :P
Vincent: (( we on a certain map or anything?))
Tabris: ((Nightvoice))
Tabris: Okay so we barricade ourselves in one of the bigger cabins upstairs and set watches?
Satomi: “Mhm. Or you want mushroom people come back and turn you into one?”
Tabris: “Depends on the mushroom.”
Satomi: “Ehhh?”
Garrion: ok, here is the cabin deck
Lynis: “They can’t really turn us into one can they?”
Tabris: “If there’s any more of them with that mold like the big guy had they could…”
Satomi: “I don’t want to be any kind of mushroom…”
Tabris: “That shit is nasty.”
Satomi: “Doesn’t matter what kind… I don’t wanna be it.”
Tabris: Actually I’d say we could just divvy up the northern set of big cabins
Tabris: And post a guard in the corridor
Vincent rests for an hour and recover spells.
Vincent: ((let me know when that hour is over so can cast))
Garrion: the hour passes without event
Satomi: (( When do I get my motes back? ))
Tabris: ((You need 8 hours for that don’t you?))
Garrion: it about 2100
Satomi: (( I think so ))
Garrion: yes, full rest for class abilities
Tabris: ((It’s like 9 PM right now so I’m pretty sure we could just take an 8 hour rest))
Tabris: ((Don’t think anybody wants to wander around the fungus island at night))
Tabris: ((Of course I have been wrong about that before))
Deenia Paydar: A way F rom K eyboard
Garrion: ok, so voting to camp here?
Lynis: sure why not
Satomi: Yeah I thought that was what we were gonna do
Deenia Paydar: (( I’m fine with that ))
Garrion: ok, while vincent meditates the rest of you try to clean up a few spots to sleep and settle in… making a fire?
Vincent: Channeled 11 energy vs. the Living in a 30 foot burst. Will save DC 14 for half damage. (Apply Channeling Healing/Damage.)
You have 3 channelings left today.
Beings in the 30 foot burst: Deenia Paydar, Lynis, Satomi, Tabris
Tabris: Gained 11 hitpoints!  34 of 34+0 hitpoints remain…
Tabris: lol no we do not want to set fire to anything in here
Tabris: We can use Light spells
Satomi: Gained 11 hitpoints!  26 of 26+0 hitpoints remain…
Lynis: Gained 11 hitpoints!  42 of 42+0 hitpoints remain…
Garrion: ok, so you have cold meals from your packs
Vincent: Gained 11 hitpoints!  29 of 29+0 hitpoints remain…
Tabris: “Hey, at least we have beds… Not enough for everyone though, somebody’ll have to share…”
Deenia Paydar: Gained 11 hitpoints!  22 of 22+0 hitpoints remain…
Deenia Paydar: Back
Tabris glances towards Satomi and Deenia with a grin…
Cedric: ((everyone at full hp now right?))
Tabris: ((Except for Con damage, yes))
Deenia Paydar: (( We could use a chamber pot as a place to make a fire ))
Satomi: “Ara…?”
Tabris: ((Yeah that might work as long as we don’t burn anything with fungus on it))
Vincent: (( so after an hour I"ll gain 2 lesser rests, will cast those on them, then take a normal rest….also will cast remove disease on TAbris ))
Garrion: you able to get back any restorations in that hour?
Deenia Paydar: (( It’s been awhile since they have been used. also, the blankets would make good kindling ))
Garrion: nm, just answered that
Satomi: (( We should be sure to make a chimney if we’re burning stuff. ))
Vincent: lesser REst on TAbris 2
Tabris: Just what I needed
Vincent: lesser rest on satomi 4
Satomi: Yayyy all better!
Tabris: That’ll fully heal us both
Satomi: Satomi REMOVING: Constitution Damage
Tabris: Tabris REMOVING: Constitution Damage
Satomi pirouettes, clinging demurely to her yukata.
Vincent: now remove disease on Tabris
Tabris: Wait what disease did I catch? lol
Garrion: ok, you settle in and start a small fire in a chamber pot to keep away the boogey men and heat some food
Vincent: CL check: 22
Vincent: none now
Tabris: Yay
Garrion: o don;t see any disease notes on you
Vincent: those lizards had something, i thought it was poison but it didn’t seem to be, so am making sure
Vincent: (( now will just rest and restore spells over night))
Tabris: Oh that’s probably some kind of delayed poison that’ll suddenly make me drop dead in a year
Garrion: the night passes without event.. you all wake with the sun shining on the filth-covered portholes
Vincent: (( no not, no biggie, I always have it since its a domain spell))
Satomi stretches and yawns…
Tabris: Without any event at all? I guess we didn’t resolve the bedding accomodations favorably then…
Satomi: “Hyaaaaaannnn…~”
Vincent: Spells:
Level 0: ((at will))
Create Water
Light
Purify Food and Drink
Detect Poison
Level 1: 4+1
Bless 2
Divine Favor 1
Comprehend Languages 1
Burning Hands (D) 1
Level 2: 3+1
Lessor Restoration 1
Endure Elements (communal) 1
Bull’s Strength 1
Remove Disease (D) 1
Tabris snores lightly… He seems to be a late sleeper…
Garrion: Satomi has taken an Extended Rest of 8 hours.
4 hitpoints gained. Daily abilities restored. Fatigue effects cleared.
Tabris has taken an Extended Rest of 8 hours.
4 hitpoints gained. Daily abilities restored. Fatigue effects cleared.
Deenia Paydar has taken an Extended Rest of 8 hours.
4 hitpoints gained. Daily abilities restored. Fatigue effects cleared.
Lynis has taken an Extended Rest of 8 hours.
4 hitpoints gained. Daily abilities restored. Fatigue effects cleared.
Vincent has taken an Extended Rest of 8 hours.
4 hitpoints gained. Daily abilities restored. Fatigue effects cleared.
Garrion: oh i need to check one thing….
Garrion: 72
Satomi flops onto Tab.
Garrion: ok, you come top side and your boat is still moored to the side of the ship
Tabris: “Nnn…”
Tabris: ((lol well that’s good))
Deenia Paydar: Spell slots restored to your SPD. Any Special Abilities also restored.
Tabris grumbles in his sleep as Satomi flops onto him…
Garrion: you can get on the boat or thick strands of fungus “rope” stretch over the water and to the shore
Garrion: perceptions when top-side
Lynis: Lynis Perception Check: 20
Satomi: “Wake up…~”
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 15
Satomi: “Or you’re gonna miss out on loot…”
Deenia Paydar: Deenia Paydar Perception Check: 18
Satomi drags him outside.
Satomi: Satomi Perception Check: 9
Garrion: The log identifies the ship as the Nightvoice, and relates the cause of the crew’s fate and, eventually, the captain’s decision to “carry the blasphemous pod up to the top of a rock spire to the east of this island” in an attempt to hide it away from the prying eyes of humanity.
Tabris slowly cracks an eyelid open, then grins… “Seems like I’ve already got the best prize waiting for me… Whoa, hey!”
Tabris: Right, so we’re looking for a rock spire to the east
Garrion: You peer east and you see a tall spire of fungus on the east side of the large island you are next to… refer to main map and i’ll point it out
Satomi: “Kyahaha… You have to earn yourself the best prize.”
Garrion: Lynis spots first and points out to the others
Lynis looks out at the fungus spire.
Lynis: “Hey… I don’t think mushrooms usually do that…. do they?”
Satomi shades her eyes.
Tabris rubs his eyes and squints in that direction…
Tabris: “Nnnnnnope.”
Vincent: Vincent Perception Check: 23
Garrion: Vincent spots it easy
Lynis: “So what do you think, more fungus men?”
Vincent: " should we check it out?"
Tabris shrugs
Tabris: “It’s where the captain went… Guess we can go see what became of him.”
Vincent: " perhaps that is where the captain went, yes"
Satomi: “Sou. Maybe we get some shiny things, dispose of nasty zombie fungus.”
Garrion: Today is 13 Arodus 4708 AR.
Vincent: ((there any mass protection from disease spells or anything?))
Tabris: ((Heh nope))
Tabris: ((Not at our level anyway))
Deenia Paydar: “Or horrible death becoming a funagaloid.”
Tabris: “Either way, it beats sitting around all day doing nothing.”
Lynis: “Yeah…. but lets go anyway!”
Lynis: “maybe we’ll meet another dragon…”
Lynis: “Are there fungus dragons?”
Tabris: “I hope not…”
Satomi shudders…
Lynis: “Don’t worry, I’ll just take em down if there are…. I’ve already killed two dragons as of yesterday.”
Deenia Paydar: (( Yes, they breath acid trip ))
Satomi: (( Actually that sounds like an awesome dragon to hang out with ))
Tabris: lol
Lynis: ((lol yeah, you’d love the fungus island Sachi))
Lynis: ((You’d get a chance to try em all out for hallucinogenic properties))
Tabris: “Well, looks like we gotta make our way through this fungus to get there… So let’s go I guess.”
Vincent: " well rowers, lets go then"
Lynis: “Yup, back to the oars!”
Tabris: ((Heh, or we could row around I guess))
Tabris: “Oh, you wanna row around? Well, whatever…”
Lynis: “Well unless you wanted to try to cross fungus ropes… I figured vincent and his armor-”
Satomi: “Ahh… Hmm..”
Tabris: “What? Is there some reason we couldn’t do that?”
Tabris smirks a little
Vincent: " this new ring will help me climb and jump, so perhaps might not be too bad"
Tabris: “Well you heard him let’s hit the ropes!”
Lynis: “Lets race there!”
Garrion: you take a closer loo at the ropes….
Deenia Paydar: “Let’s not and say we did.”
Tabris: “What are you, a monkey?”
Satomi inspects them for sliminess, stability, and integrity.
Vincent: " the ropes might not still be strong"
Lynis: “I used to run gauntlets like this when I was first training….”
Garrion: The thick fungus ropes that bridge the shore and the ship can be used to make the 60-foot crossing to the wreck with a successful Climb check. A fall results in you landing in the surf below.
Lynis: “I had to practice shooting my bow while holding my balance on a rope.”
Vincent: (( do we know the dc?))
Garrion: the placement and tickness of the rpes (there are many growing in almost a net, seem to make the climb fairly easy.
Vincent: (( something we can take 10 on?))
Garrion: The placement and thickness of the ropes (there are many growing in almost a net), seem to make the climb fairly easy.
Garrion: yes
Lynis: ((Alright I’ll take 10 on it, I have a climb check of 15 with taking 10))
Vincent: ((well if the dc is 10, then I"m good))
Lynis: ((I’ll be the first across))
Tabris: Tabris Climb Check (Take 10): 16
Lynis: “Come on Lets get going!”
Garrion: is is very easy (DC5).. you all make it across with ease
Vincent: Vincent Climb Check (Take 10): 12
Vincent: ((bam))
Tabris: “Yeah, this isn’t too bad.”
Lynis: “Haha! first one across!”
Satomi: Yay~
Lynis: “Anyone think this island is a little too grey?”
Satomi: Satomi Climb Check (Take 10): 10
Satomi: “Very very grey…”
Vincent is just happy he can get across without needing to strip.
Lynis looks at the ground on this island…
Garrion: ok, you make it to the main outcrop and move across the miniature island toward the spire….
Tabris: “I had heard there were a bunch of different shades of grey, but I never believed it until now.”
Garrion: up close the “trees” are revealed to be foul gray stalks of fibrous fungus, growing up into the air almost like stalagmites in a cave. Between these weird stalks, the “undergrowth” consists of thick wiry tangles of lichens and gray fungus, all growing on a foul-smelling muddy surface. With the exception of the waves crashing along the beaches, the island is eerily silent.
Vincent: (( I believe there are 50 of them))
Garrion: The fungus tends to wriggle and ripple even when there’s no breeze to stir its filaments and dangling sheets. The fungus is foulsmelling.
Satomi: “Eugh…”
Lynis: “Man.. this island reeks…”
Lynis: “It’s almost as bad as a sewer…”
Tabris: ((lol yup that’s the joke I was going for))
Garrion: 80
Garrion: 67
Tabris: “I dunno, I’ve seen some pretty nasty sewers.”
Tabris: “At least there isn’t shit everywhere.”
Garrion: you make the two hour trek across the island to the spire
Vincent: (( lynis or satomi scouting out a bit ahead?))
Lynis: “Oh… did you do one of those sewer quests?”
Satomi keeps an eye out for traps and suspicious fungi.
Tabris: “Nah, but when you’re trying to hide from Asmodeus worshippers, any place will do.”
Garrion: you come to the far side and the sea seperates the miniature island from the spire rising 50 ft high out of the sea….
Lynis: “Oh… so did they find you down there?”
Tabris: “Nope.”
Garrion: A fifty-foot-high pillar of fungus-covered rock thrusts up from the surf here, angling away from the main body of the larger island to the west. The rock is connected to the main island by thick tangles of fibrous fungus, perhaps providing a way to cross the churning surf below.
Tabris: They look about like the other fungus ropes?
Lynis: “Onward friends to the tower of the golden fungus!”
Lynis: ((I’ll lead the group against crossing the ropes, I’ll take 10))
Lynis: Lynis Climb Check (Take 10): 15
Tabris: Tabris Climb Check (Take 10): 16
Tabris is a slightly better climber
Garrion: As with the fungus strands at the ship, the fungus ropes can be used to make the 90-foot crossing to the pillar with a successful Climb check. A fall would result in you landing in the surf below, where you would have to swim back to shore—there is no beach to speak of around this rocky spire’s base.
Deenia Paydar: “Well, whomever goeas across first can take this rope I am going to tie around my waist and if I fall just drag me up.”
Vincent: Vincent Climb Check (Take 10): 12
Tabris: “Got it D.”
Deenia Paydar: Deenia Paydar Climb Check: 9
Satomi: “Y-yeah… Maybe you should tie one to me too…”
Garrion: this spire is tall and featureless, what you doing after you cross?
Satomi: (( My climb mod is 0 :x ))
Tabris: lol
Lynis: ((Are we at the top of the spire?))
Tabris: ((Looking for features))
Lynis: ((or is this just from the bottom?))
Garrion: you about a quarter up from the waterline
Satomi: Satomi Climb Check (Take 10): 10
Lynis: ((It’s totally featureless! Except forf that weird right angle corner that looks unnatural))
Tabris: Non-Euclidean geometry? Yay!
Lynis: ((You kinda expect non-euclidean geometry on a fungus island))
Lynis: ((Actually a right angle is euclidean. heh :P))
Tabris: lol
Tabris: Climbing to the top I guess
Lynis: ((Yeah why not, it’ll be good exercise))
Lynis: ((We shopuld have a duel at the top, who can be king of the fungus hill))
Tabris: lol
Lynis: ((Even if you win, you’re still a loser))
Satomi: (( Ehehe~ ))
Lynis: ((But I mean why the hell not… I figure it’s pretty soft rolling down the hill, since its fungus))
Lynis: ((And that’s generally fairly squishy))
Tabris: lol
Garrion: climb checks, this a bit harder
Tabris: Can we still take 10?
Deenia Paydar: (( I am going to let someone climb with my rope and I will levitate up ))
Garrion: but you can find some “ropes” to grab, just not as many
Lynis: Take 10!
Tabris: 10 ftw
Garrion: yes, can take 10
Lynis: Lynis Climb Check (Take 10): 15
Tabris: Tabris Climb Check (Take 10): 16
Garrion: as long as you can beat DC10
Deenia Paydar: (( Why climb when I can levitate? ))
Tabris is once again slightly better than Lynis
Vincent: Vincent REMOVING: Large Shield
Satomi: Satomi Climb Check (Take 10): 10
Vincent: Vincent Climb Check (Take 10): 14
Garrion: you make it to the top as you climb the spire…
Vincent puts his shield back on once he gets to the top.
Garrion: on the way up you notice nothing that catches your eye
Lynis: This is where we learn that the island is really the top of mycogodzilla.
Vincent: Vincent APPLYING: Large Shield
Lynis: “Man… what the hell….”
Lynis: “There can’t be nothing up here, there just can’t be.”
Vincent takes a look around when the ascends the top.
Lynis: “Clearly this spire was put here for a reason….”
Vincent: Vincent Perception Check: 15
Garrion: your previous knowledge of russet spores, you know they do not live in sunlight
Lynis: Lynis Perception Check: 18
Tabris: “Beats me…”
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 25
Garrion: you wondering around a but to explore?
Satomi: Satomi Perception Check: 26
Tabris: Yes
Satomi: yep
Deenia Paydar: Deenia Paydar Perception Check: 14
Lynis: ((Hell yeah, lets explore fungus island))
Satomi explores the spire, keeping reasonably close to the others.
Garrion: as you traverse north the keen eyes satomi and tabris spot a cave behind thick sheets of fungus
Tabris: “Hey, over there.”
Lynis: “Aha!”
Tabris: “I think I found where the old man by the sea lives.”
Satomi: “Aha! Fungus cave.”
Lynis: “I knew it!”
Vincent casts light on his shield.
Lynis: “onward!”
Lynis enters the cave
Garrion: Near the top of the rocky spire on the northern face, obscured from the sun and 40 feet above the sea below, is a cave mouth. Numerous strange offerings lie around the cave mouth-brightly colored seashells, bits of polished stone, and many bones and skulls.
Lynis picks up a skull.
Lynis: ((It look human?))
Lynis: ((or are these like animal bones?))
Garrion: a couple do
Garrion: others are animal
Tabris: “Hmm… Interesting.”
Tabris casts Light on his Greatsword
Garrion: birds, snakes, etc
Vincent: (( need communal endure or no?))
Garrion: it still early, you eventually will though
Satomi: “Hmm… They worship something here…?”
Tabris: “Fungus god maybe?”
Garrion: The opening leads 15 feet inside the pillar through several thick curtains of fungus to a 30-foot-diameter cavern. (ignore is my drwing dimensions are slightly off)
Vincent nudges Tabris forward.
Lynis: “They say dead men tlel no tales… but… I think this one has a different story to say…”
Tabris: “What kind of offerings does a fungus god ask for anyway?”
Lynis plays with the skull making it seem like its talking by moving the jawbone.
Tabris slashes away the fungus covering the cave mouth and peeks inside
Garrion: lynis leading way, who next?
Satomi giggles nervously.
Lynis: ((In fake undead voice) “Aye…. this place be part of an evil fungus cult…. Just keep eating the shrooms until you start seeing gods.”))
Garrion: or tab leading?
Vincent: " any secret passages or anything in there, does it go any further back?"
Tabris: “Why can’t I ever find one of those all-female cults that’s desperate for a handsome man to come along?”
Tabris: ((Yeah I’m leading))
Satomi: “You lucky… Usually in stories, they keep you around for a while then eat you.”
Garrion: tab steps through and the others wait to get his report….
Tabris: “As long as I get to eat them first it’s all good, right?”
Tabris grins
Lynis: ((continues pseaking as the skull) “Aye, there be lots of women inside this cave…. if you don’t mind a little fungus between the legs.”))
Garrion: Perception
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 17
Lynis: Lynis Perception Check: 7
Satomi: Satomi Perception Check: 12
Deenia Paydar: Deenia Paydar Perception Check: 16
Vincent: (( order I guess: tabris, satomi, vincent, D, Lynis))
Garrion: Along the southern wall of the cave, little more than a skeleton covered with a thin layer of violet fungal “f lesh” that periodically twitches and writhes and moans.
Vincent: Vincent Perception Check: 19
Satomi: “Ahahaha! That funny, like you eat them…”
Tabris: “Hey, check it out.”
Tabris points at the weird fungus thing
Lynis: ((skull voice) “Aye, he be one of the lucky ones… most of them just get grey fungus.”))
Garrion: the fungus reacts swiftly to intrusions, ripping free from the cave wall with a hideous, wet tearing sound. It appears as a drooping, vaguely humanoid mass of purple fungus and twitching violet strands, capable of slow movement by pulling itself along with its tendrils.
Deenia Paydar casts Detect Magic on the skeleton
Garrion: intis
Satomi misses the double entendre and thinks it’s some kind of creepy Chelaxian joke, but laughs to be polite.
Satomi: “Hyaa!”
Tabris: Oh hey
Sachi says to the GMs: Satomi Initiative: 6.03
Lynis: “holy shit!”
Tabris: “Whoa!”
Lynis drops the skull and goes for his bow.
Tabris says to the GMs: Tabris Initiative: 22.07
Deenia Paydar: Initiative: 12.06
Cedric says to the GMs: Vincent Initiative: 23.03
Tabris: Oh whoops, I was on the limbo map when I rolled mine
Tabris: Are we still on the Nightvoice map?
Garrion: yep
Lynis: Initiative: 25.05
Garrion: 22.07 for tab
Tabris: I got it
Garrion says to the GMs: Violet Fungus Initiative: 10.99
You say to the GMs: Violet Fungus Initiative: 10.99
Garrion: had anyone entered behind tab or were you all waiting for him to report back?
Tabris: ((I did point at something and say to look at it))
Vincent: (( we went in , in that order I said above))
Satomi: I thought we were behind him
Lynis: ((heh.. yeah I figured Tab and I were in the front, with them behind))
Garrion: ok, so move minis into place
Lynis: ((they never said they were staying behind, so I figured they were on auto-follow))
Lynis: cant its locked.
Garrion: ahh, ok
Garrion: there ya go
Lynis: oh maybe i just odnt have ownership
Lynis has received initiative.
Lynis: cause I can’t move Lynis for some reason
Lynis: ohw ait now I can
Lynis: nm
Lynis drops the skull, draws his bow and fires an arrow.
Garrion: i must have move disabled if not your turn
Lynis: Primary Target: ATK Rolls: 13 BAB: 4 MultiAtk: 0 Size: 0 StatBonus: 4 AtkBonus: 1 CritThreat: 20 Misc: 0 Temp: 0 RangeMod: 1
CritRolls: 19
DMG Rolls: 4 DamageDice: 1d8 StatBonus: 0 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 3 RangeMod: 1
Violet Fungus
HIT: 23 ( Composite Longbow )
DMG: 5
Vincent has received initiative.
Vincent: (( room to squeeze past th eothers?))
Garrion: Violet Fungus:   -5 hitpoints!
Lynis: ((by defualt you can move past allies, so you should be able to))
Garrion: it is a little tight though, so have to squeeze
Vincent moves by tabris and casts bulls str on him. ( +4 to str)
Tabris: Nice
Vincent: ((done))
Tabris has received initiative.
Tabris: Tabris APPLYING: Bulls Strength
Tabris grins as he approaches the giant fungus thing and swings his Greatsword
Garrion: AoO
Vincent: (( free action to do knowledge check?))
Tabris: Heh, take it
Garrion: yep
Garrion: know dungeoneering
Vincent: Vincent Knowledge (religion) Check: 10
Lynis: ((If you were smart, you’d have thrown Satomi into the tentacle monster))
Tabris: Primary Target: ATK Rolls: 18 BAB: 3 MultiAtk: 0 Size: 0 StatBonus: 4 AtkBonus: 2 CritThreat: 19 Misc: -1 Temp: 0
CritRolls: 2
DMG Rolls: 9 DamageDice: 2d6+1 StatBonus+PowerAttack: 9 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 2
Violet Fungus
HIT: 26 ( Masterwork Greatsword (Arcane Strike) )
DMG: 18
Tabris: ((Haha))
Vincent: ((wow, that sucked))
Tabris: Tabris Knowledge (nature) Check: 13
Violet Fungus: Primary Target: ATK Rolls: 2 BAB: 3 MultiAtk: 0 Size: 0 StatBonus: 1 AtkBonus: 0 CritThreat: 20 Misc: 0 Temp: 0
CritRolls: 4
DMG Rolls: 1 DamageDice: 1d4 StatBonus: 1 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 2
Tabris
HIT: 6 ( Tentacles )
DMG: 2
Tabris: 18 damage to it
Garrion: the AoO misses and tab hits
Satomi: .-.
Tabris cleaves into the giant fungus with a powerful swing from his Greatsword
Garrion: Violet Fungus:   -18 hitpoints!
Deenia Paydar has received initiative.
Tabris: “Hah!”
Deenia Paydar whispers: OK, I am going to have to go. You know how Deenia works. I have all her spells memorized on the Wrathgon spell manager. Cya next week.
Garrion: ok, have a good week
Deenia Paydar is disconnected.
Tabris: Bwuh?
Garrion: ((Neo having to go pick up at airport.))
Tabris: ((Ahh))
Garrion: the fungus skeleton lashes out.
Violet Fungus: Primary Target: ATK Rolls: 15,8,20,9 BAB: 3 MultiAtk: 0 Size: 0 StatBonus: 1 AtkBonus: 0 CritThreat: 20 Misc: 0 Temp: 0
CritRolls: 19,7,13,3
DMG Rolls: 3,2,3,2 DamageDice: 1d4 StatBonus: 1 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 2
Tabris
HIT: 19, 12, 24, 13 . . . CRIT! (swing# 3) —> 17 ( Tentacles )
DMG: 4, 3, 4, 3 . . . CRIT! (swing# 3) —> 2
Tabris: Shit, he crits me
Tabris: And hits with the first attack
Table CH_BLUDGEONING (Garrion): AND STAY DOWN: Normal damage and target is knocked prone and stunned for 1 round (FORT negates stun).
Tabris: Damn
Lynis: ((ouch))
Tabris: Tabris: Fortitude Save: 10
+1 vs Mind-Affecting, +1 vs Compulsion, +1 vs Poison and Drugs ()
Satomi: x.x
Tabris: Fuck me
Tabris: “Oof!”
Tabris: Tabris:   -8 hitpoints!  30 of 38+0 hitpoints remain…
Garrion: make 2 more fort saves
Vincent: ((heh, dont say that to tentacle monster.. it will ))
Tabris: Tabris: Fortitude Save: 7 FAILURE!
+1 vs Mind-Affecting, +1 vs Compulsion, +1 vs Poison and Drugs ()
Tabris: Tabris: Fortitude Save: 17
+1 vs Mind-Affecting, +1 vs Compulsion, +1 vs Poison and Drugs ()
Tabris: lovely
Garrion: the flesh around the point of contact swiftly begins to rot away, exposing raw bone with shocking swiftness. This hideous affliction causes 1 points of Strength damage and 4 points of Constitution damage.
Tabris: Dude, ow
Tabris screams in pain as the creature suddenly rots his flesh off…
Satomi: x.x
Satomi: “Iyaaaaa!”
Tabris: Tabris APPLYING: Strength Damage
Tabris APPLYING: Constitution Damage
Satomi has received initiative.
Tabris: halp
Satomi slips in past Tab and moves to attack the fungeton… Or skelegus.
Garrion: AoO
Garrion: or tumble?
Vincent: ((can you gegt one more square west))
Tabris: Tumble ftw?
Satomi: (( I move at half speed if I tumble ))
Tabris: ((Take the AoO then))
Garrion: you can move at full speed but the DC goes up
Satomi: Yeah, by like 10
Tabris: ((Heh, yeah, or you could do that, I think it adds +10 to the DC))
Vincent: ((may as well take a shot))
Satomi: Yeah, hehe
Tabris: ((Yeah might as well))
Vincent: ((better then just walking in))
Satomi: There’s no penalty if I fail the check right? Besides taking the AoO like normal?
Tabris: Yeah pretty much
Garrion: right
Satomi: Satomi Acrobatics Check: 23
Note: ((JUMP MOD (Speed): 0 Racial))
Tabris: lol nice, I think that’s exactly what you needed
Garrion: right on the dot
Satomi: Whoa~
Satomi: Primary Target: ATK Rolls: 2 BAB: 2 MultiAtk: 0 Size: 0 StatBonus: 3 AtkBonus: 0 CritThreat: 18 Misc: 0 Temp: 0
CritRolls: 11
DMG Rolls: 1 DamageDice: 1d6 StatBonus: 0 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 2
Violet Fungus
HIT: 7 ( Scimitar )
DMG: 1 + 3 Sneak (1d6)
Garrion: but you miuss
Satomi: Ignore that sneak damage
Satomi: Aww
Lynis has received initiative.
Lynis: “i got this!”
Lynis: Primary Target: ATK Rolls: 9,9 BAB: 4 MultiAtk: 0 Size: 0 StatBonus: 4 AtkBonus: 1 CritThreat: 20 Misc: 0 Temp: 0 RangeMod: 1 Rapid Shot: -2
CritRolls: 17,6
DMG Rolls: 4,3 DamageDice: 1d8 StatBonus: 0 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 3 RangeMod: 1
Violet Fungus
HIT: 17 (Rapid Shot), 17 ( Composite Longbow )
DMG: 5, 4
Lynis fires off two arrows in rapid succession
Garrion: Violet Fungus:   -9 hitpoints!
Tabris: Yeah looks like that got it
Garrion: and Lynis brings the fungal skeleton down
Tabris groans in pain as he nurses the rotted wound that the nasty creature gave him…
Vincent: (( out of combat?))
Lynis: “Yo you okay Tabris?”
Garrion: yep
Vincent has received initiative.
Tabris: “Not particularly…”
Vincent moves overf to check on TAbris and does what he can for him. ( help with any secondary saves or the like)
Tabris: ((Need more Lesser Restore, lol))
Garrion: Deenia did not detect any magic when she cast it.
Vincent: Vincent Heal Check: 24
Satomi: “Aaahh… N-nasty…”
Vincent: (( done, any additional saves needed ?))
Garrion: it appears that the rotting effect is instant and quickly becomes inert, it is no longer hurting him although the damage is already done and will need repair.. or not if you want to let him deal with his face rotted off
Tabris: Tabris REMOVING: Bulls Strength
Tabris: Damn I hope it didn’t hit the face
Tabris: I was thinking it was more of a body shot
Vincent: (( nut shot?))
Tabris: No not there
Satomi: eww mummy crotch rot.
Vincent casts lesser rest on Tabris to restore his con. 4
Tabris: Nice
Tabris: That fixes all of that
Tabris: Now I’m just done 1 Str
Tabris: down*
Tabris: “Ugh… That’s much better, thanks…”
Vincent: ((that’s all I can do for now))
Tabris: “Stupid fungus…”
Tabris: ((Heh, well I can live with 1 Str damage much easier than I can with 4 Con damage))
Vincent: " lets look around this cave, but be careful"
Vincent starts moving about poking stuff with his sword, never touching anything with his hands.
Vincent: Vincent Perception Check: 24
Tabris grumbles as he gets back on his feet and kicks the dead fungus corpse once for good measure
Garrion: well you are armored…. 1-10 face, 11-20 arms, 21-50 body, 51-55 groin, 56-65 legs, 66-70 hand, 71-75 foot… 76-80 eyes, 81-100 body…. 77
Satomi carefully inspects the cave, not touching stuff with her bare hands.
Tabris: lol what
Satomi: daaaaaaaaaamn
Tabris: I have a chain shirt
Tabris: That barely qualifies as armored
Satomi: You got your eyes rotted out?
Satomi: Satomi Perception Check: 15
Tabris: That’s bullshit man, it does Str and Con damage, how is it going to rot my eyes lol
Vincent: now he looks like two face
Garrion: lol
Tabris: Plus the Con damage is all gone so now I’m just down 1 Str
Garrion: well D&D damage is non-specific… had the crit card said blinded that would be funny
Garrion: we’ll say leg since he fell down after
Tabris: Heh, yeah, that makes more sense
Vincent: nuts
Tabris stands up with a slight limp as he starts checking the cavern
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 22
Garrion: the remainder of the cavern is featureless
Lynis: “So that was it… really?”
Vincent: ((anything useful on fungal boy ?))
Tabris: “Some fungus god…”
Satomi: “Just this one…?”
Garrion: it appears that the captain was infected and transformed somehow, you find the rotten remains of a rotten fungal pod, long eploded
Garrion: nope, he has nothing of remaining use on him
Tabris: Tabris REMOVING: Constitution Damage
Garrion: ok, fixed your con
Tabris: Yay
Lynis: “Man….”
Tabris: “I hate this island…”
Lynis: “Why do I get all the lame adventures….”
Lynis: “No treasure… no glittering piles of gold…”
Tabris: “Let’s get the hell out of here man, I’m tired of this crap…”
Tabris: “Let’s just like go back to the lighthouse and wait for somebody to rescue us.”
Lynis: “Dragons without hoards…. fungus things without fungus treasure…”
Lynis: “Yeah… I’m all for that…”
Garrion: you make your way back across the island to the ship…. perceptions
Garrion: 65
Garrion: 54
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 11
Lynis: Lynis Perception Check: 9
Deenia Paydar: Deenia Paydar Perception Check: 12
Vincent: Vincent Perception Check: 19
Satomi: Satomi Perception Check: 16
Satomi: “Sou… We should at least take this log back and transcribe it…” (if we haven’t done that already)
Garrion: you trek back for 2 more hours… lets see that would make it about noon
Vincent fires up the endure elements communal.
Garrion: you pause a moment to fix some lunch while on the ship and prepare to set back out…
Lynis: "Yeah have fun with that…. "
Lynis: "I’m done with moldy old fungus covered books
Tabris: “Would be nice if it had a treasure map in it or something.”
Garrion: it will tkae a while to fully translate the whole thing… you got the main point of the latest entries
Garrion: ok, where you rowing to?
Satomi: “You can’t know if you don’t read it~!”
Lynis: “You can give me the abridged version.”
Lynis: “I’ve never been much for reading.”
Vincent: " I can check i t out further later on"
Tabris: I think we’re heading back toward the lighthouse
Garrion: ok, 2 checks to get back to main island
Garrion: str
Tabris: Can we take 10 on these? lol
Lynis: yeah I’ll just take 10
Garrion: nope, can’t really take your time
Lynis: Lynis Strength Check: 22
Tabris: Tabris Strength Check: 15
Garrion: when waves pounding you
Tabris: Oh well, good enough anyway
Tabris: That’ll get us back to the main island
Garrion: ok, you make it half way
Garrion: another
Lynis: Lynis Strength Check: 20
Tabris: Tabris Strength Check: 10
Garrion: that gets you back to main island
Garrion: and you are near that strange calm shoreline
Garrion: with the rope ladders
Tabris: “Wonder what the deal is with this place…”
Tabris glances down into the water…
Garrion: moving on?
Satomi: “Hai… Sure you don’t wanna check…?”
Tabris tries to figure out why there are rope ladders here
Lynis: “Yeah…. I don’t know…”
Vincent: " probably just an easy place to make shorefall"
Garrion: it about 2pm now
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 11
Garrion: you notice nothing more than you did before
Tabris: I think I’m going to go ahead and burn my plot card for the lulz
Tabris: And add 10 to my check
Tabris: First line says “You see something you didn’t before”
Garrion: ok, as you look closer you notice some strands of rope with rocks tied to them, you had not seen those before… and there are some shells that appear to be pried upen
Tabris: “Whoa, hey, wait a minute…”
Satomi: “Ara, Tab… You see something…?”
Vincent: " Hmm ?"
Tabris: “Yeah… I think there’s oysters down there.”
Tabris decides to just dive straight in and take a look
Tabris: Kersplash
Garrion: tab dives in… swim check
Tabris: Tabris Swim Check (Take 10): 15
Lynis shrugs and dives in after him, holding his dagger between his teeth
Lynis: Lynis Swim Check (Take 10): 15
Garrion: You swim down and A bed of oysters covers a relatively large area here
Tabris: Oh hell yeah
Tabris starts gathering up an armful
Vincent: (( guess we got the pearls for multiple ID spells now.. hehe))
Tabris: ((lol hopefully))
Garrion: the bed seems to have been scoured pretty good though
Tabris grabs a big armful of oysters and surfaces, tossing them into the boat
Tabris: “Looks like we got some good eats for tonight. And maybe some pearls if we’re lucky.”
Lynis grabs some as well.
Vincent: " lunch?"
Garrion: you bring up several in your arms and pop them open….. 99
Vincent: (( hopefully high is good))
Satomi: “Oooo, pearls!”
Garrion: you think you would have to spend a while here to find something… they have been harvested pretty good
Tabris: “Ahh man… Looks like all the good ones have already been picked through.”
Sachi is disconnected.
Cedric is disconnected.
Taragnor is disconnected.
Tabris is disconnected.
You have disconnected.
Server started; please wait for map to refresh.
Garrion says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Garrion says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Taragnor has connected.
Sachi has connected.
Tabris has connected.
Cedric has connected.
Taragnor says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Garrion: hello again.. ilost internet for a bit, bad storm here
Garrion: if happens again we’ll just call it the night
Sachi says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Garrion: the storm is picking up
Tabris says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Cedric says to the GMs: GM Status Updated. (The listed names are GMs.)
[“garrion”]
Tabris: There we go
Garrion: did you catch my posts?
Tabris: I don’t guess we have a net… Can just scoop up the whole oyster bed at once
Sachi: Aw, man
Tabris: Nope
Garrion: nah, yo have to pry them loose still
Tabris: I saw that it looked like they had been picked through and such
Tabris: Garrion: you think you would have to spend a while here to find something… they have been harvested pretty good
Tabris: That’s the last thing I got from you
Taragnor: yeah
Garrion: the more mature looking ones have been farmed… they are mostloy younger ones
Tabris: “Oh well, we got supper at least.”
Tabris: “Better than what we have been eating.”
Garrion: hello again.. ilost internet for a bit, bad storm here
Garrion: if happens again we’ll just call it the night
Garrion: the storm is picking up
Tabris: Oh yeah I did get that
Cedric: " want to go back down? if not lets get going"
Lynis: “We could spend some time here while we’re waiting for the rescue ship….”
Tabris: “Yeah who knows when that thing’ll get here…”
Lynis: “See if we can find any pearls.. at the very least we get something to eat.”
Tabris: “We can go get some others from the camp and have them help us.”
Cedric: " it really worth it?"
Tabris shrugs
Tabris: “What else are we going to do?”
Sachi: “Hmm… If we outta interesting stuff to look at, it a good idea.”
Vincent: " I was going to study the journal"
Tabris: “We could pick some other random part of the island and see if something kills us there…”
Satomi: “Yeah… I wanna see what it says…”
Tabris shrugs…
Tabris: “Well, it ain’t like we don’t have a lot of time.”
Tabris: “We can head back to camp and see what the others say. I doubt we’ll be going anywhere anytime soon…”
Tabris: “Gotta wait for a ship to pass by.”
Garrion: ok, 4 more sets of checks to get back “home”
Tabris: Tabris Strength Check: 16
Vincent: ((anyway I can assist them?))
Tabris: Tabris Strength Check: 16
Tabris: Tabris Strength Check: 4
Tabris: Tabris Strength Check: 6
Tabris: Gonna need some help on the last two
Garrion: not really, only 2 people can row
Lynis: Lynis Strength Check: 5
Lynis: Lynis Strength Check: 12
Lynis: Lynis Strength Check: 19
Vincent: (( but I can yell " Stroke" ))
Lynis: Lynis Strength Check: 20
Tabris: lol Lynis picks up the slack
Garrion: whew
Garrion: good thing he rolled low on the first one
Tabris: lol yeah
Vincent: " Stroke, Stroke ! "
Tabris: “I don’t need any instructions, I know how to row a damn boat.”
Garrion: you make it back to the camp 4 hours later…. we’ll say you spent about 30 minutes at the (blue) oyster bed
Vincent: " seemed you were floundering there a bit toward the end"
Garrion: he was wearing out
Garrion: from you not doing anything the first hour
Tabris: lol
Tabris: “Yo! We made it back! And we brought oysters!”
Garrion: 40
Garrion: 47
Garrion: 73
Lynis: “Yeah… and…. man we should have brought back some of those mushrooms.. see who was brave enough to eat it.”
Lynis: “Wonder if Deenia could amke some potions with that purple one…”
Garrion: there are no further events as you travel and you stay safely through the night back at camp
Tabris: “No way dude… I’m not that much of an asshole.”
Vincent snickers.
Garrion: Today is 14 Arodus 4708 AR.
Satomi: “We also get the book from that Pathfinder ship!”
Tabris: “Oh yeah, right, that too.”
Garrion: you speak to Locien and he guess they are about 4 days from being finished with the repairs
Vincent: " lets tell him about our travels" ( the little gnome dude)
Lynis: “Yeah, I guess we can tell Gelik all about it… as boring as it was…”
Lynis: “Well at least there were some dragons…”
Lynis: “But not the kind of dragons with treasure.”
Tabris: “I don’t think they were actual dragons…”
Tabris: “Just big lizards.”
Lynis: “I’m pretty sure someone called them a dragon of some kind.”
Lynis: “So I’m still taking the title of dragonslayer.”
Tabris shrugs, “Suit yourself…”
Garrion: Gelik inquired about your exploration… his eyes widen as you produce the ship log and tell your tale.
Satomi: “Ehehe! Isn’t it cool?!”
Tabris: “So sick of this island, man… I don’t want to go back out there again unless somebody has a fucking treasure map with X marks the spot.”
Satomi: “Maybe nobody ever find out what happen to them if it wasn’t for us… I’m glad to find out, even if we’re too late to help them.”
Garrion: “Well you have done a great service. i would like to turn this in to the Chapter House in Eleder once we get back.”
Vincent: " I plan on reading it if you don’t mind"
Tabris: “Yeah, sure… You can get us in good with the Pathfinders for finding that thing, right?”
Garrion: “Sure thing. I would like to assist you.”
Lynis: “Yeah that adventure wasn’t as awesome as I expected it to be…”
Garrion: “Yeah, if you let them know I was involved, we can all get in good graces.”
Tabris: “Maybe this is like an apprentice level adventure for the Pathfinders.”
Tabris: “And now we can graduate up to like the regular level stuff.”
Garrion: You can have any reward they offer."
Vincent: (( so have we finished all the npc’s quests?))
Garrion: “I would like to show my appreciation by teaching you some tricks I know too. We can work on that any time you want over the next few days.”
Satomi: “Hooray! Thank you so much! We’re sure to mention you!”
Lynis: “Who are the pathfinders anyway?”
Vincent: " what sort of tricks?"
Tabris: “They’re some big treasure hunting guild or something…”
Tabris: “They’re always looking for random artifacts and weird historical stuff.”
Tabris: “Hey you think they’d want to check out that temple we found?”
Vincent: ((must be big, whole damn system is named after em ))
Lynis: ((heh, yeah you gotta play by their rules))
Garrion: “I can teach you some techniques to assit in resisting charm type spells.”
Tabris: “Now that sounds useful…”
Satomi: “Oooh, indeed…”
Vincent: " yes"
Tabris: “Though I don’t think anything you can teach is gonna help Satomi against me…”
Tabris grins and winks
Garrion: ((Correction))
Garrion: not to resist.. to make it harder to resist
Tabris: Oh, nice
Tabris: Yeah I’ll learn that, lol
Garrion: Gelik shares several secrets of comedy and speech with the PCs—after a day of practice, these techniques grant a permanent +1 bonus to the save DC of any charm or language-dependent effect a PC uses.
Lynis: so basically useless if you’re not a mage :P
Vincent: ((oh, well not sure that gonna do much for me, dont’ really have any illusion magic really))
Tabris: lol yeah I don’t usually take any of that stuff but I might for this…
Satomi: Ahh yeah hehe, I don’t have any magic :x
Garrion: well those that are interested can do it, those not can do other stuff
Vincent will spend his time reading the books ( with comprehend languages spell cast if necessary)
Tabris: Yeah I’ll learn it, heh
Lynis: Channel spell charm person in a sword strike?
Tabris: lol
Tabris: Has to be a touch spell sadly
Tabris: And hopefully I can regain my 1 Str damage by resting
Satomi: That sounds more like a Soulja Boy lyric than a good idea in any case
Tabris: Haha
Garrion: ok, so over the next 4 days, based on Locien’s repair calculations, vincent and gelik will study the log book, tab and deenia spend a day with Gelik to learn his tricks
Satomi: Can I get on that log book too? Satomi’s interested in the Pathfinder Society.
Garrion: Satomi has taken an Extended Rest of 8 hours.
4 hitpoints gained. Daily abilities restored. Fatigue effects cleared.
Tabris has taken an Extended Rest of 8 hours.
4 hitpoints gained. Daily abilities restored. Fatigue effects cleared.
Deenia Paydar has taken an Extended Rest of 8 hours.
4 hitpoints gained. Daily abilities restored. Fatigue effects cleared.
Lynis has taken an Extended Rest of 8 hours.
4 hitpoints gained. Daily abilities restored. Fatigue effects cleared.
Vincent has taken an Extended Rest of 8 hours.
4 hitpoints gained. Daily abilities restored. Fatigue effects cleared.
Tabris: Tab will spend the rest of his time chasing after Satomi and Deenia, when he isn’t chasing after Aerys and Sasha
Satomi: Satomi Restored to Full Health.
Tabris: Tabris Restored to Full Health.
Deenia Paydar: Deenia Paydar Restored to Full Health.
Lynis: Lynis Restored to Full Health.
Vincent: Vincent Restored to Full Health.
Garrion: Deenia Paydar REMOVING: Mage Armor
Garrion: any more exploring or jumping ahead?
Lynis: I’m all for skipping ahead so I can bring in a real char and don’t have to paly mroe NPCs.
Satomi spends a lot of time querying Gelik about the Pathfinders, and most of the rest convincing Tab to help her seek out materials to make her tent and hammock more and more luxurious
Tabris: I think Tab already made a statement to the effect that he doesn’t want to go anywhere else unless somebody produces a treasure map with X marks the spot
Garrion: oh, you inquired about quests…
Vincent: jump, unless the journal or anyting gives me some ideas about places to go
Garrion: you have done sasha, aerys, jask, gelik
Garrion: that only leaves isharou
Vincent: what was his?
Tabris: Well unless Ishirou has a treasure map with X marks the spot he’s out of luck
Garrion: he has been rather quiet and morose though and no one has really done much to befriend him
Tabris: Heh, I think Deenia was trying to befriend him at one point
Vincent: see if steamed clams fixes that
Garrion: yeah, but then you all started going off and never did much more with him
Satomi: Satomi will try to cheer him up, they’re both at least from the same region
Garrion: diplomacy
Vincent: ((heh, probably a decent shot we already did whatever he wanted))
Deenia Paydar: Deenia Paydar Diplomacy Check: 13
Satomi: “Ne, do you miss home as much as I do? I’ve been keeping busy to keep my mind off it…”
Satomi: Satomi Diplomacy Check: 25
Tabris: Nice
Garrion: “Aye, home is missed but I can never return. I must do what I can in this part of the world. It is nice to see a another from home though.”
Garrion: “I have been so busy doing these stupid chores while you guys run around that I haven’t been able to pursue anything else.”
Satomi: “I apologize… Is there anything troubling you in particular?”
Garrion: “Well many things trouble me but that is nothing you care to hear about. Since you ask though I do have something I would like to do with you before we leave this rock.”
Vincent: (( oh really))
Tabris: ((Hey, hands off))
Vincent: (( good luck, Tabris been trying for weeks))
Tabris: ((Yeah, Tab is gonna be super jelly))
Garrion: you guys and your gutter minds
Tabris: lol
Vincent: ((guess you and Lynis could go row out and look for more clams?))
Tabris: ((Yeah at least we might get pearls from that))
Satomi: “What might that be, Ishirou-san? Tabu-san has asked me that a lot, but I’ve the distinct impression that you’re not interested in the same thing he is…”
Tabris: ((It doesn’t have to be just before we leave, we can do it after too))
Satomi: (( I’m assuming we’re speaking in Tien, Satomi is much more eloquent in her native languages ))
Garrion: He blushes a bit. “Oh no miss Satomi. I mean… not that that you are not attractive but, oh, well, uh…. that is not what I meant.”
Satomi: “Ehehe. I only meant that you seem to be of a more well-rounded mindset.~”
Garrion: “I came across a map a while back in my travels. I was told it was to ‘some treasure on the Shiv’. I would like to see if it is true though I never really indended to try to land here and see.”
Vincent: (( heh, ding, ding ))
Tabris: ((lol are you serious))
Vincent: ((one guy don’t talk to , is the guy with the goods.. typical ))
Satomi: “Ara~! I would love to help you investigate!”
Garrion: He pulls out a map and a few details do line up with points of interest on the island.
Vincent: ((how far away?))
Tabris: ((I want to suddenly show up asking if somebody said something about a treasure map but you’re speaking in moon))
Vincent: ((and will we need a shovel?))
Garrion: well you are not included in this you are studying a log book, hehe
Vincent: ((there is a copy of said map in the journal.. I swear ))
Garrion: satomi can invite you and convince Ish to share his loot
Garrion: “We can set out to look for it if you want. I will need some help which is why I have not gone off alone yet.”
Garrion: “Your friend Deenia has been nice to me and she seems useful.”
Satomi: “I could assemble the rest of the safari team… I’m sure they would request a portion of the take, but you’re quite deserving of a share as well.”
Satomi nods.
Satomi: “Yes, she’s rather quiet, but she seems very kind.~ The others are boisterous, but we’ve been coming together as a team.”
Garrion: “Well since this is my map and I’m telling you about it, you can have a third and the others will have to split the final third among themselves.”
Tabris: wat
Vincent: ((wow, he really trying hard…))
Satomi: “Ara, how generous~!”
Garrion: “You can tell your other frineds, If they accept the terms then we can set out tomorrow.”
Satomi: “Indeed.~ I’ll inform them post haste.”
Garrion: ((he did not reveal the locaion… he’s not that stupid))
Tabris: ((I’m kinda tempted to tell him no just to spite him, lol))
Vincent: ((heh, we not gonna steal it .. wel tabris might))
Satomi: (( Hehe, Satomi wouldn’t respect him as much if he did~ ))
Garrion: he just quickly showed the map and how it matched, but you will need to follow a few more clues
Satomi: (( Though she wouldn’t take advantage… ))
Satomi doesn’t lie about the terms when she tells the others, but she does kind of gloss over it until pressed…
Tabris: “Wait, wait, wait… Are you telling me he’s been sitting on a damn treasure map this whole time?”
Vincent shrugs, " would give us something to do at least"
Vincent: ((btw, what am I learning from the journals and stuff ?))
Satomi: “He’s been all by himself… Who he gonna show it to?”
Tabris: “Dude how many people are at this camp?”
Tabris: “It ain’t our fault if he wants to sulk by his damn self all the time.”
Satomi: “Everybody not gregarious… I get energy from being around people, but he seem like a contemplative one.”
Garrion: pretty much what i already stated but in more detail… more details about the recovery of the pod and the eplorations they performed on their voyage
Tabris: “How big a treasure are we talking about here anyway? Is this even worth our time for 1/3 of a share split however many ways?”
Vincent: " does it matter, lets go check it out"
Garrion: various lore… I’ll give you a +2 on all lore checks if you read the whole thing
Satomi: (( Is that like knowledge checks? ))
Tabris: ((Yeah))
Satomi: ((Ooo, I wanna read that if I have time))
Vincent: (( will do it if I have the time, not lie got anything else to do ))
Tabris: “I mean if this is something that he needs a whole team to dig up then it better be a damn big treasure, and if that’s the case then I think the split needs to be renegotiated because why am I busting my ass for a measly share like that?”
Garrion: it is an oxploration log.. so covers, local, dungeoneering, arcana, nature, various lost religions
Satomi: “I don’t think he know what it is… Not like he expect to get washed up here.”
Vincent: (( ok, well guess will hang onto it until I finish it.. then let anyone else read if they want))
Garrion: ok, you share your interest and spend the rest of the day packing supplies. “This would have been better to have done this earlier, but I was not sure about it till later in our travels. It looks like we need to travel to a bald hill on the northern section of the island.”
Lynis: ((Herlock would have chopped off Ishrou’s head and taken the map) :P))
Tabris: ((lol))
Tabris: ((Yeah well I’m Chaotic Neutral, not Chaotic Evil))
Vincent: " really? that far north?"
Garrion: you on island map?
Tabris: “Tch, I still haven’t heard a convincing enough reason for us to actually do this.”
Garrion: i’ll point it out roughly
Vincent: am now
Satomi: “Because it there!”
Satomi: “Treasure no good if it’s sitting on an island!”
Tabris: “That’s the reason we went through the last quest, and all that got us was a moldy old book.”
Vincent: (( can we take the little boat down river then go across th eland there?))
Garrion: “it will take us a couple days to get there and a couple more back. Maybe they will be done with this light by then.”
Satomi: “I spend it at a merchant, maybe bandit rob merchant, you kill bandit, you get the money. Circle of loot!”
Tabris: ((Can just follow the road, will probably be easier than fighting the river upstream))
Tabris: ((Ahahaha))
Garrion: that would be up river
Vincent: ((ya, I guess))
Tabris: “Yeah, well, still…”
Garrion: or take boat around the east side of the hook
Tabris: “This is definitely a very lopsided and unfair distribution…”
Satomi: “There’s no life in it if it’s hiding in a cave. It like a seed, and we’re like gardeners.”
Vincent: ((that probably more trouble then its worth))
Satomi: “Maybe you ask him about it…?”
Vincent: what our speed on the trails?
Tabris: “Pffft, like he’s gonna listen to me anyway.”
Garrion: let me check, i think 2 mph
Tabris: “I don’t have boobs.”
Lynis: ((dude you should take his share for getting hm off the island, Ishrou didn’t do shit))
Garrion: yep
Tabris: ((lol yeah, stand there on the ramp and be like “there’s a toll to board”))
Lynis: ((l,ol yeah.))
Garrion: he’s been setting up traps around cam p and keeping everyone sefe
Lynis: ((Bah))
Garrion: that why your encounter percentage is less
Tabris: So he’s been robbing us of XP is what you’re saying =P
Satomi: And hey, we wouldn’t know about it at all if he didn’t have the map
Satomi: ^ Tab I think that’s why he had that thing about plot-based experience
Satomi: In the email.
Garrion: haha, you would see it that way… good thing we not using XP anym,ore
Tabris: lol I know I’m joking
Tabris: “Hmph…”
Tabris: “This had better be damn well worth it…”
Lynis: lol. I still say we should handle this herlock style :P
Tabris: lol yeah, if we’re about to leave then we don’t need traps any more right?
Lynis: If I was hurskan still I might do that :P
Lynis: I dunno if Lynis has that in him
Lynis: He’s not that cold blooded.
Garrion: maybe it is encoded?
Tabris: Yeah Tab isn’t either… He’s really pissed off though
Satomi: Aw c’mon, he’s far away from home, he had the map, he’s been keeping us from getting ambushed
Tabris: Tab definitely wants better compensation out of this
Vincent: (( can we FF along the trail ?))
Garrion: you may be able to bargain fr more by the end?
Garrion: yes.. 2 days pass
Garrion: as long as you stick to the trails you will have rare encounters
Garrion: 2
Garrion: well
Vincent casts communal endure elements on the group when it gets hot, so they can travel the full day.
Tabris: lol
Garrion: 32
Tabris: “Can’t believe we’re crossing this godsforsaken island again… All the way back to where we were WEEKS ago…”
Tabris: “Shit, we camped like right near that spot…”
Tabris complains loudly the entire way
Garrion: 2
Satomi starts growling at him after a couple days…
Garrion: you encounter two small beasts that startle and run into the woods
Tabris quiets down a little after seeing that Satomi is getting annoyed…
Garrion: 12
Garrion: 33
Garrion: 18
Garrion: 80
Garrion: the rest of the trip is clear
Tabris: “Ugh… At least there aren’t any more zombies wandering around…”
Vincent waits until they are close, " alright then, lets see this map"
Garrion: This campsite features a partially completed wooden shack. A large pentagram has been carved into one wall of the shack and several human teeth have been hammered into the wood in its center.
Garrion: You have been here before.
Satomi: “See? Less reason to complain now.”
Tabris: “Dude, see, this is what I’m talking about, we were RIGHT HERE.”
Lynis: wasn’t he complaining that he’s going in cricles?
Garrion: in fact i think this was where you met satomi
Tabris: “We could have found this thing like weeks ago…”
Satomi: Hehe yeah, I think it was
Tabris: “But he doesn’t say a damn word about it until now.”
Tabris: ((Yeah it was, lol))
Vincent: " so where to now?"
Garrion: you spend 2 days and get to the old camp near dark
Garrion: Today is 15 Arodus 4708 AR.
It’s party time! Happy Aroden Day!
Garrion: you left on Arodus’s Day
Vincent: ((what’s aroden day?))
Tabris: I’m guessing it’s the god’s special feast day or something
Garrion: wonder if that good or bad omen
Tabris: Aroden is like the dead god from the PF pantheon
Garrion: Today is 16 Arodus 4708 AR.
Garrion: Today is 17 Arodus 4708 AR.
Tabris: He got replaced by the Asmodeus worshippers in Cheliax
Garrion: yep
Vincent: Vincent Knowledge (religion) Check: 22
Lynis: ((Yay it’s time to worship a dead god))
Garrion: and vincent knows all about it
Tabris: “Least I’m not back in Cheliax right now, the Asmodeus guys are probably doing something or other to screw up the holiday.”
Garrion: the next morning you will have to trek out off trail
Garrion: Today is 18 Arodus 4708 AR.
Vincent: " lead the way "
Garrion: Ish leads the way following the clues on the map….
Garrion: The crown of this hill is one of the few areas on the Shiv that’s not jungle—the entire hilltop is an open area of tall grass overlooking the island’s eastern shoreline.
Vincent follows along, keeping his eyes out for danger, sword and shield out and ready.
Vincent: Vincent Perception Check: 11
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 8
Satomi: Satomi Perception Check: 14
Lynis: Lynis Perception Check: 15
Tabris: “At least in Cheliax I can find a tavern and some friendly girls…”
Garrion: “Captain Quellig supposedly burried his horde here. He was a nasty sort, beware.”
Vincent: (( deploy trap springer forward…))
Satomi: “Hmm…”
Satomi keeps a careful eye out for traps…
Garrion: Arodus 16 Armasse (Aroden, Iomedae): Holy day where commoners are trained to fight and historical tales are told with the hope that someone will learn from them.[
Garrion: Armasse Jump to: navigation, search The raucous, week-long festival known as Armasse is held each year beginning on 16 Arodus.1 The celebration—once dedicated to the god Aroden—is still important to the faithful of Iomedae, who use it to train commoners in combat, ordain apprentice clergy, pick squires for knights, and teach military history, hoping to prevent the mistakes of the past from being repeated.23 Among those not dedicated to the Inheritor the holiday has lost most of its religious significance since Aroden’s death, tending now only toward wild partying, a fact that has precluded the diabolist authorities of Cheliax from prohibiting Armasse outright.1 Nevertheless, in places where the church of Asmodeus is openly allowed, it hosts special activities for its parishioners during the same week in an effort to counter the influence of the holiday.4 The city of Corentyn is especially known for its extravagant Armasse festivities.1
Tabris: “Yeah I’m sure he trapped the very dirt itself.”
Vincent: ((hey, that’s my god ))
Tabris: lol
Tabris: Yeah that’s what I figured, the Asmodeus guys are gonna have their own stuff to screw up the holiday
Taragnor: good old Asmodeus.
Tabris: Though Tab is probably sad he’s missing the party
Tabris: He boarded in Corentyn
Garrion: The map indicates that to find the spot where the treasure is buried, one must to climb to the top of the hill and wait for sunrise. At dawn, one must simply walk to a point atop the hill where the sun seems to be rising directly between the two spike-shaped rocks protruding from the sea to the east (these are the rocks near area D6).
Garrion: sdo you would have left the camp before sunrise and travelled in the dark a bit
Garrion: so to get here as sunrise
Vincent: ok
Tabris yawns loudly… he’s definitely not a morning person
Garrion: did you bring shovels?
Taragnor: I don’t know if we even had shovels at camp
Tabris: Did we have shovels? lol
Garrion: you did
Vincent: (( I would of if we have em))
Tabris: Then yes
Taragnor: yeah we’d have borugh them if we had em
Tabris: If we’re digging for buried treasure and we have shovels then we’re bringing the shovels
Taragnor: I didn’t even know we had em
Satomi: Yeah, definitely for looking for a treasure
Tabris: lol yeah
Garrion: ok, you spend 2 hours digging….
Taragnor: It’d be fnny if we went all that way
Taragnor: and then didn’t have any way to dig
Taragnor: and were just like “Okay fuck this”
Tabris: Yeah I think that would piss Tab off pretty good
Garrion: You dig down 10 feet and hit wood… and a skeleton.
Taragnor: Yeah there’d be a 10 minute thing where everyone would be finger pointing about whose job it was to get the shovels.
Tabris: “Wow… Some treasure, eh guys?”
Vincent: " satomi, can you check it out for traps?"
Lynis: “are we digging for buried treasure or grave robbing?”
Tabris: “Possibly both, depending on what’s buried down here.”
Lynis: “So whose skeleton is this anyway?”
Satomi: “I’ll take a look…”
Lynis: ((Ishrou totally killed the other guy who knew about the treasure))
Tabris shrugs
Tabris: lol
Lynis: ((So he wouldnt’ have to split it))
Satomi: “I not that much better than anyone else…”
Tabris: ((I’d like to know how he plans to kill the rest of us))
Satomi: Satomi Perception Check: 24
Garrion: as you excavate around the wood, it is not a chest.. it seems to be a wooden platform of sorts… about 10 ft wide
Satomi: Whoa
Tabris: “Here, I’ll check it.”
Vincent: (( actually probably some helper of the guy that buried it.. helped em dig then whacked em so only he would know about it))
Tabris kicks the wood really hard
Lynis: ((Be kinda difficult when he’s got a channeled shocking grasp going through his gaping greatsword wound.))
Tabris: ((lol yeah))
Tabris pounds on the wood platform a couple of times with his foot
Tabris: “No traps here.”
Garrion: anyone inspecting the skeleton?
Vincent stays out and keeps an eye out for danger as they check it out.
Lynis: ((I’ll guess Lynis will look at him a bit))
Lynis: Lynis Perception Check: 6
Tabris: Tabris Heal Check: 1
Lynis: ((He’s mostly curious who it was))
Tabris: Looks like a skeleton
Lynis: “Yup that’s a skeleton… skull… few bones…”
Tabris: “Yup…”
Tabris: “Definitely a skeleton.”
Garrion: looks like a long dead person
Vincent checks it otu to see if he can tell how it died and if anything else of interest about it.
Garrion: maybe not even a person
Vincent: Vincent Heal Check: 27
Lynis: “Better shaped femur than most, that’d make a good club.”
Garrion: Vincent takes a look while watching the others flounder.
Vincent: Vincent Perception Check: 22
Lynis: ((prertty sure it’s beyond your abilioty to save :P))
Vincent: ((heal check of 27… maybe not :P))
Lynis: ((lol))
Lynis: ((That’d be awesome if you just slapped a bandage on him and he got up))
Tabris: lol
Vincent: (( doing my best CSI stuff on em ))
Garrion: An examination of the body reveals a slash in the rotten back of the leather armor and deep grooves on his ribs, indicating he was stabbed through the heart with a blade from behind. The creature was a dwarf and has no treasure.
Vincent lets the others know what he learned.
Garrion: As tab pounds on the wood it sounds hollow
Vincent: " probably killed him, after he helped him dig the hole"
Tabris: “Oh… Well that makes sense I guess.”
Tabris: “This thing sounds hollow. Must be a chamber underneath it.”
Tabris checks around the edges for a door or latch of some sort."
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 16
Lynis glances as Ishrou warily.
Vincent: " tie a rope to yourself, so you don’t fall thru" He tosses him one.
Lynis: ((Whispers to Tabris) “How did that guy know about this treasure anyway?”))
Tabris: “Uhhh he had a map?”
Tabris ties the rope around his waist as he continues prodding around the edges of the platform
Satomi nods.
Satomi: “He had it with him…”
Lynis: “He din’t happen to say where he got it… did he?”
Garrion: "The map doesn’t indicate anything more than where it is burried. It must be under there but I don’t know anything more.
Vincent ties off the other end to something stable, else just loops it around himself and braces.
Satomi shakes her head.
Tabris: “Who the hell knows…”
Satomi: “Nah, he cagey. Pretty smart businessman.~”
Tabris: “The guy never says anything, he just sits there and sulks by himself, or builds traps…”
Tabris: “He could have had it with him ever since we were back on the Jenivere, none of us would know.”
Ishirou: Ishirou Perception Check: 23
Note: +1 vs Traps
Vincent: " look for a release or something.. else just bust it "
Lynis: ((He’s onto us!))
Tabris: “I know where his head is though, heh heh… A few sweet words from Satomi and he comes right out with it.”
Tabris: “Dude what do you think I’m looking for?”
Tabris: “Like I’m just poking around the edges for fun or something?”
Vincent: " don’t seem to be finding anything"
Tabris: “Yeah so I guess we bust it.”
Satomi: Satomi Perception Check: 20
Tabris: “Unless you want to try to dig around it or something.”
Garrion: “What are you whispering about down there. I’ve told you all I know.”
Lynis: ((Tabris versus wooden planks, round 1, FIGHT!))
Garrion: The ground around the edges is a much harder clay. Nearly as hard as soft rock and will take more time to dig."
Tabris: “Oh nothing Ishirou, I was just telling Satomi that I’ve got a much better treasure to offer her if she’ll whisper a few sweet words my way too!”
Tabris needles Ishirou with a grin
Vincent: (( your family jewwls aren’t worth much))
Garrion: ok, who down there helping tab out or he working alone?
Vincent: I"m holding the rope
Lynis: ((I guess Lynis will help him))
Tabris decides to pull out his Greatsword and get to work chopping the platform up
Garrion: ok, and rope is?
Satomi: “Ha ha, they just inquisitive people. Curious about everything… Maybe Tab paranoid cause he Chelaxian, think everyone like the other ones.~”
Satomi: “Ohhhh?”
Tabris: HIT: 18 ( Masterwork Greatsword (Arcane Strike) )
DMG: 11 + 312 Sneak (90d6)
Vincent: goes from tabris to hopefully a tree or something
Tabris: Oh lol that’s still on my old mini
Garrion: it is bare up here
Garrion: no trees
Tabris: HIT: PowerAttack: 6 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 2 8 ( Masterwork Greatsword (Arcane Strike) )
DMG: 14
Tabris: HIT: PowerAttack: 6 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 2 15 ( Masterwork Greatsword (Arcane Strike) )
DMG: 12
Garrion: you will have to hold it
Tabris: HIT: PowerAttack: 6 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 2 12 ( Masterwork Greatsword (Arcane Strike) )
DMG: 12
Tabris starts hacking away
Vincent: then guess just loop it around me and holding it, maybe have D help
Lynis: ((seeing as a bow or gladius won’t do much to it, I’ll let Tabris handle this one))
Lynis: ((Hulk smash!))
Tabris: HIT: PowerAttack: 6 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 2 23 ( Masterwork Greatsword (Arcane Strike) )
DMG: 12
Tabris: HIT: PowerAttack: 6 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 2 17 ( Masterwork Greatsword (Arcane Strike) )
DMG: 14
Garrion: you hack hack hack….
Vincent: help me hold the rope, Lynis
Tabris: HIT: PowerAttack: 6 MiscDMG: 0 TempDMG: 0 CritMultiplier: 2 19 ( Masterwork Greatsword (Arcane Strike) )
DMG: 12
Garrion: that enough
Garrion: the rest hold the rope….
Garrion: tab smashes away at the wood and suddenly it gives way and he plummets down… STR checks from everyone on rope
Tabris: wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Garrion: Ishirou Strength Check: 17
Tabris: “I think I almost got—whoa!”
Lynis: Lynis Strength Check: 6
Satomi: Satomi Strength Check: 18
Satomi: Whoaaaaa
Garrion: damn
Tabris: lol nice, Satomi’s like a rock
Vincent: Vincent Strength Check: 4
Garrion: satomis adrenalin kicks in as she thinks she may lose her man
Tabris: Hahaha
Vincent: ((heh, she lets go ))
Tabris: Yeah she’s gotta find out what this even better treasure is that Tab is talking about
Garrion: Ish and Satomi save the day and catch Tab as the others nearly let him fall.
Vincent: " woops"
Tabris scrambles to try to grab onto something…
Satomi: “Hwaa!”
Garrion: the wooden planks fall away and you hear a delayed splash below
Vincent: " how far down is it?"
Tabris: “Uhh… Damn, it sounds deep…”
Tabris: “Hang on, hold me up for a second…”
Tabris tries to steady himself and then casts Light on a rock or something and drops it down the hole
Garrion: it splasshes into murky water abut 40 ft down
Tabris: “Wow, yeah that’s deep.”
Vincent: " see anything of interest?"
Tabris: “I dunno… Lower me down a little…”
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 7
Tabris: “Nah I can’t really see anything…”
Garrion: tab only sees the dark murky water
Lynis: “Who buries treasure under an underground river?”
Vincent: " alright, lets lower him down until he yells to stop"
Tabris: “Do it slowly…”
Garrion: another str veck
Garrion: Ishirou Strength Check: 7
Vincent: Vincent Strength Check: 14
Satomi: Satomi Strength Check: 1
Satomi: dddddamn
Tabris: lol ouch
Tabris: Come on Lynis
Tabris: Roll for Deenia too lol
Garrion: satomi nearly lets go but the others help lower him
Lynis: Lynis Strength Check: 22
Tabris: “I said slowly!”
Vincent: strong like bull
Tabris tries to get a better look as they lower him down
Garrion: when you going to have them stop?
Tabris: I’ll have them stop at about 20 ft
Lynis: “How are you so heavy? You been stealing food or something?”
Tabris: Halfway down
Satomi: (( I’m starting to get sleepy ))
Lynis: “Ther’s 5 of us holding this rope… and it’s still difficult…”:
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 13
Garrion: The walls of the shaft are shored up by wooden bracing—it’s a DC 10 Climb check to use this bracing to descend to the water below.
Tabris: “It ain’t my fault you’re a bunch of wimps!”
Tabris: “Oh, hey, I think I can brace myself on this.”
Tabris: Tabris Climb Check (Take 10): 16
Garrion: Tab uses the wooden bracing an lowers himself in a more controled method
Lynis: “Whatds down thee? you see any treasure?”
Tabris: “Not yet… Just a bunch of water so far!”
Garrion: the shaft goes down into the water without any interuptions
Vincent: “watch out for undead.. maybe Lynis cover him with your bow”
Tabris stops again at 30 ft down and checks for any more traps
Garrion: you getting in?
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 17
Lynis: “Yeah sure. I’ll cover him.”
Garrion: you see no traps at this point
Lynis: “I’m sure there’s nothing down there anyway.. I mean what’s going to be lurking down in some ranodm water.”
Tabris: Do I see anything else?
Garrion: most unusual for a pirate horde you think
Tabris: Is this a straight shaft all the way to the water?
Garrion: yep
Tabris continues down to the edge of the water
Tabris: “All right I’m down to the water now, still don’t see anything!”
Garrion: the water is foul and murky
Vincent: " maybe under water?"
Tabris leans down and checks the edges of the shaft to see if it opens up anywhere
Vincent: ((cast detect magic maybe?))
Tabris: Tabris Perception Check: 17
Tabris: Will reach under the water and feel around too
Lynis: ((Yeah detect magic to see under water heh))
Garrion: you peering above water or down into it?
Tabris: I’m staying above water and reaching down into it to feel along the walls
Garrion: as you reach in…..
Garrion: something grabs you, STR check
Vincent: ((how deep the water, can he see the light he tossed in ?))
Tabris: Oh goody
Tabris: Tabris Strength Check: 12
Garrion: can’t see light
Tabris: “Whoa! Hey, what the!”
Garrion: Lacedon Strength Check: 14
Tabris: lol fuck
Vincent: ((hehe, tht water troll?))
Garrion: tab is yanked off the wall into the water…..
Tabris: ((water ghouls))
Garrion: stop here and resume next time
Vincent: (( can we catch em with the rope?))
Tabris: dun dun dunnnn
Tabris: Yeah I’m definitely going to ask for more treasure now
Tabris: Fucking lacedons
Garrion: well good job guys, yeah you can try the rope but you let it go slack when he started climbing himself, so you’ll have to wait for him to yell
Tabris: lol well I just did
Tabris: And they probably heard the thrashing in the water
Vincent: if we hear the constant talking stop, we know he in trouble
Tabris: lol
Vincent: alright, night folks
Tabris: Yeah I need to get some sleep
Taragnor: yeah’
Vincent: least if they undead, i can pound em with turns from 30’ away
Garrion: haha, but when he is hit… he could be paralysed and not say anything… make your save
Tabris: Heh, they have to hit me with an attack for that don’t they?
Vincent: he not hit yet? that just a grapple ?
Vincent: and again, should have cast shield frist
Tabris: lol how am I supposed to know there were fucking ghouls in the hole
Vincent: buried treasure, probably gonna be something
Vincent: well later
Garrion: hmm , the question is if the paralysis is from any touch or a specific atk
Vincent: think have to draw blood, least that what I think
Garrion: i’ll let it slide and say it has to be specific
Garrion: makes since since it not a touch atk but a effect from damage
Satomi: Ok, I’m gonna get to bed, I’m super tired
Satomi: Night night guys!
Vincent: laters
Cedric is disconnected.
Taragnor: okay cya.
Tabris: Yeah I’ve always seen it done as on an attack
Garrion: ok, after this we should have the island wrapped up
Taragnor: heh yeah been waiting to bring in my new character.
Tabris: I’m out, catch you guys later
Garrion: the lighthouse is fixed as of today….
Tabris is disconnected.
Sachi is disconnected.
Taragnor is disconnected.

Session 29

Serpent's Skull neofax